When anxiety and stress attack, what do you do? We are faced with stressful situations all the time and because of that we worry incessantly. But I have news for you. You Don’t have too! Jesus told His disciples “do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.” John 14:1 AMP
Wow! Could it really be as simple as that? That scripture is not just a statement. It is a way of life. It least it should be. When you come under attack from the enemy, and you will, instead of seeking medical help, booze, pills, or doing nothing, do this:
- Cry out to Jesus. I’m serious. Don’t let Satan kick you in the butt. You have authority over him!
- Believe that you can overcome. Faith comes from hearing and believing, not seeing. So in faith, pray, listen and believe for help.
- Adhere or hold fast to the Word of God. Phil 4:13 says I can do all through Christ who strengthens me.
- Trust in God. Have confidence that He will help you. If you don’t ask, He can’t answer.
- Rely on Jesus. You must learn to depend on the Lord if you’re going to get better. It’s hard to not want to fix things by ourselves, but when we depend on Him things happen.
It’s no mistake that John 14:1 mentions the words believe, adhere, trust, and depend twice in the same scripture. If they are that important shouldn’t we take notice? Don’t let anxiety and stress control your life. Put into practice the five principles above. Live free, and don’t let your hearts be troubled!